© 2018 by Ailisha Sabalburo. 

BLOG

Helloskies~!

Here is my blog full of posts regarding my practice of art including, animation, digital art, university projects and personal projects. My posts would show a lot of work in progress, comments on failures, achievements and experiments. 

I hope you enjoy my blog and if you have any questions regarding my practice, please email me! :)

May 14, 2019

Helloskiess,

It been a while since I last posted but since then I've been busy updating my reels and applying for jobs! This year I've been freelancing a lot at Start VR, Jaywing and Electric Lens Co. It has been a really good experience so far as each project I'm on has been challenging and different. 

But since working a 9-6 job, it has been hard working on my own personal projects but it's an aim for me to keep on learning and challenging myself. The last month I've been trying marvelous design...

December 21, 2018

This post is going to be leaning more towards the technical side and maybe a reflection of what had occurred throughout studio 1 when creating The Colour Thief project. Hopefully I can remember what had happened from the start of the year but here it goes. 

 The first two weeks of this course was dedicated in getting to know other students. We're split into groups and did activities. In hindsight, I didn't understand why we had to do these activities but now I understand that since we're goi...

December 18, 2018

Just recently on November 30, I had completed my masters of Animation and Visualisation at the Animal Logic Academy. My initial reason of applying to this course was the simple reason of gaining more experience of working within a studio environment and understanding the studio workflow and pipeline. After this intense year of working 9 - 5, Monday till Friday, towards the end of the year extending to Saturdays. I can definitely say that this course had really shown me that kind of experience I...

October 24, 2017

Textured columns through substance painter this week.

October 24, 2017

 I took in Andres feedback from week 2 and redid my wall to look include half of the first version and second version. I'm now happy with the results.  I tried doing my stone floor or cobble stone. I really liked how it turned out but may have to consider the repetition. I sculpted all my individual bricks and tested them on the wall but I have to go back and redo my colours again cause they don't fit in well. I had a problem with baking too, where the edges don't properly display the detail and...

October 23, 2017

 Here is my first and second attempt with working on the brick wall. The first attempt, I was happy with the colours but overall it looked too clean and not really damaged. My second attempt got looking much more better with it looking more weathered, but I'll probably fix it to get the colours more like the first one. I'm also going to create moss material to overlay on top and in between the cracks as well..

October 23, 2017

Brief: Creating an abandoned door/environment

The first week the class was taught how to create silhouette and concept art of what we intend to make for the whole course. Here are concept designs I had done, I think i was influenced by Spanish renaissance architecture. I also tried Substance Designer for the first time, I followed Andres tutorial of making dirt. I remember it was really fun cause it looked like I created complicated nodes but really it was so simple haha. 

October 23, 2017

So it has been a while since I've updated my blog and I'm very sorry about that. The past months have been very busy with me doing a few internships and plainly working. I'll try my best to remember the progression of learning this year.

Early March, I had taken a CGMA 10 week online course. I had taken 'Intro to Environment Art' with Andres Rodriguez. Overall the course was amazing, I had learned a lot. This is where I mainly learned Substance Designer and painter. 

After my 10 week course,...

February 28, 2017

Here I changed the floor, carpet, modelled more detail on the chair, curtains, added more detail on the folders and fixed the flowers on the cake.I also changed the wall behind the couch as well and added more detail there so it didn't seem blank 

February 28, 2017

So now that we're up to date. I'm now fixing up my animation, this includes fixing all the textures - some of the textures are low res, especially the carpet, floors and painting. Fix up the cloth, the curtains and other props as well. This might take a while to render since I'm going to pay for the renders again and at the moment I have no money .... 

So here are before and after shots, I also decided to work backwards so starting from the credit shot as at the start I put more time at the begin...

Please reload

Categories
Please reload

Archive
Please reload